According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Anchorage, Alaska is the hardest working city in America: clocking in at 40.9 working hours per week.
But coming in second is DFW’s own Plano, Texas: with the average worker putting in 40.5 hours a week. In third place? Cheyenne, Wyoming at 40.4 hours of work a week.
Is it just us, or does 40.9 hours of work a week seem low? Heck, that probably seems like a vacation to most people!
Here’s the full list:
1. Anchorage, Alaska: 40.9 Hours
2. Plano, Texas: 40.5 Hours
3. Cheyenne, Wyoming: 40.4 Hours
4. Virginia Beach, Virginia: 40.2 Hours
5. Irving, Texas: 40.3 Hours
6. Scottsdale, Arizona: 40.2 Hours
7. San Francisco, California: 39.8 Hours
8. Corpus Christi, Texas: 40.5 Hours
9. Washington, DC: 40 Hours
10. Sioux Falls, South Dakota: 38.9 Hours
By the way, Dallas weighed in at #12 with 39.9 Hours.
A couple more interesting stats gathered by the Paris-based policy forum: Americans work around 1,763 hours a year (which is about 25% more than workers in Europe). However, Mexico works a lot more: 2,255 hours a year!
Source: The Ladders
©2017 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.