By JT

Tiffani Williams recently had leg surgery which has kept her out of work for two months because of her inability to walk.

She lives with her aunt in Memphis, who has cerebral palsy and has been disabled her entire life.  While they were sleeping, Williams’ aunt, Paula Turner, pulled her breathing machine off, which caused the machine to beep loudly.  When Williams went to check, she saw the window unit in Turner’s room had caught fire.

Her first though was to “get her out.”  She grabbed a curtain off the wall, out her aunt on the curtain, and began dragging her out of the house.  Shortly after hearing the first oxygen tank in the house explode, Williams thought “we have to get further.”  She then placed her disabled aunt on her lap, and carefully scooted down the steps of their home to safety.

Unfortunately, they lost everything, and Williams, Turner, and her three children are currently staying with a family member.  Williams, however, believes everything happens for a reason.  “If she wouldn’t have pulled her thing out, I wouldn’t have heard the alarm so to me she saved both of us.”

A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family.

Via WMC Action News 5

Follow JT on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 100.3 Jack FM - Dallas, TX

Radio.com App
All Access Pass With Billy Kidd
WIN Stuff

Listen Live