Retail giant IKEA has launched an investigation into the allegations of a customer who claims his Ikea ‘Blanda blank’ metal bowl set his grapes on fire.

Richard Walter said he was enjoying a nice bowl of grapes outside of his home in Sweden, which happens to be in the middle of a heatwave.  He started smelling smoke, at first thinking it might have been from a neighbor’s barbecue party.  But after looking at his bowl, he quickly determined that it was not a neighbor’s barbecue party that caused the smoke.

Walter told the Aftonbladet, “I saw it was burning in the grape bowl.  How is that possible, I thought. Then I saw there was one intense point where (the sun) hit the twigs, and that’s where it started.”

Reflection from the sunlight caused heat to focus on a singular point, thus causing the grape’s twigs to catch fire.  IKEA spokesperson Emil Erikkson said, “We take this information very seriously and will now investigate what happened.”

Via The Local

Follow JT on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 100.3 Jack FM - Dallas, TX App
All Access Pass With Billy Kidd
WIN Stuff

Listen Live