Lavinia Kelly did nothing but stop by a gas station to drizzle nacho cheese sauce over the Doritos she bought on the way home for work: and now she’s spent the last three weeks in intensive care.

Kelly purchased her snack from Valley Oak Food and Fuel in Walnut Grove, California on April 21st.  The next day, she went to the hospital where she was treated for double-vision.  Soon after, she was vomiting and having breathing problems.  Now, she’s been in in intensive care being treated for botulism, a rare paralytic illness: which, according to the CDC, is typically caused by consuming foods that have been improperly preserved or canned.

The scary part: Kelly is one of at least five people who have been hospitalized after eating food from the same gas station.  Luckily, officials have since halted food sales at the business.

You can get more details by watching the video above.

Source: Yahoo! News

Follow Jack on FacebookTwitter or Instagram @JACKFMDFW!

©2017 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistribute.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 100.3 Jack FM - Dallas, TX App
All Access Pass With Billy Kidd
WIN Stuff

Listen Live