By Amanda Wicks
According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner in Minneapolis, Weiland died of “an accidental overdose of cocaine, ethanol and, methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA).” A full toxicology report won’t be available for another two months (via via CBS Minneapolis).
Although drugs were mostly to blame, Weiland’s history of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, asthma and substance abuse also contributed to his death. Weiland, who turned 48 on Oct. 27, had a history of battling substance abuse, but his wife Jamie Wachtel argued that he had been clean for a while.
Weiland passed away in his sleep while on tour in Bloomington, Minnesota on Dec. 3.