Although there maybe some great deals that you can get on Black Friday, but for the most part you need to watch out for price rip offs.
“There are some amazing deals on Black Friday,” said Ben Glaser with the comparison shopping website, DealNews.com. “But the bottom line is do your research and have a budget.”
DealNews.com, reported the top five things not to buy on Black Friday.
1. Cell Phones – Three of the largest carriers have moved away from subsidized phone plans, therefore leaving discounts on phones slim to nil.
2. Gift Cards – You will find some gift cards on sale, but according to market research better deals will be found in December.
“Every day that month there are incredible amazing deals on gift cards, so that’s really when to make those purchases,” Glaser said.
3. Winter Apparel – Winter clothes show up so early on shelves and therefore they do not go on sale until the prime months of winter, hence January and February will lead to better sales and clearance deals.
4. Toys* – Cyber Monday is usually the cheapest day to buy toys, but if you are looking for this years hottest toys you may not be able to wait in fear of selling out.
Adobe Marketing says, toys are three time more likely to be out of stock on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday.
5. Vacations – Traditionally the best time of year to buy vacation packages is not around the holidays, but January.
Glaser said, “If you are planning a vacation it’s worth it to hold off for another month or two to see what deals become available.”
Lessons taken from these tips is to wait until January to buy certain items instead of splurging on them now.