Woman Has Stomach Removed After Drinking Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail

A British teenager had to undergo emergency surgery last week to get her stomach removed after she drank a liquid nitrogen cocktail.

The Guardian is reporting that Gaby Scanlon was celebrating her 18th birthday last week, when she began to feel sick. The teen became “breathless and developing severe stomach pain.”

She was rushed to the hospital, and was diagnosed with a perforated stomach. Doctors were forced to perform emergency surgery to remove her stomach.

The teenager is thought to have suffered an adverse reaction from consuming a “correctly prepared Jagermeister drink made with liquid nitrogen.”

Dr. John Ashton, director of public health for the county of Cumbria, told the BBC that Scanlon is “the victim of an irresponsible alcohol industry that’s now competing on gimmicks.”

The bar that sold Scanlon the drink has suspended the sale of drinks involving liquid nitrogen and is cooperating with police investigation.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From 100.3 Jack FM - Dallas, TX

Radio.com App
All Access Pass With Billy Kidd
WIN Stuff

Listen Live